Originally posted on Federal News Radio
The following federal buildings and other services used by federal employees are closed due to Hurricane Sandy. This list will be continuously updated as Federal News Radio learns more.
- Federal government buildings in the D.C. area will be closed to the public Monday, according to the Office of Personnel Management. Non-emergency employees (including employees on pre-approved paid leave) will be granted excused absence.
- Federal buildings that take direction from the New York City Federal Executive Board will be closed Monday.
BUILDINGS AND INSTALLATIONS:
- Andrews Air Force Base (Closed Monday to non-essential personnel)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Baltimore facilities closed Monday)
- DISA (DISA elements in the National Capital Region and at Fort Meade will follow OPM’s operating status Monday. Buildings will be closed to the public and non- emergency employees will be granted excused absence.)
- EEOC (Closing headquarters in Washington, as well as its field offices in Washington, Philadelphia and Baltimore.)
- Fort Belvoir (Operating under emergency essential-only conditions on Monday)
- Forest Glen Annex (Closed Monday)