Originally posted on PRWEB
National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) has announced it will be hosting its Test & Evaluation Division Awards Luncheon on March 26, 2013 at The Army Navy Club in Washington, DC. The Test & Evaluation Division plans to honor the achievements of the winners of both the Walter W. Hollis Award and the Tester of the Year Awards.
The Walter W. Hollis Award is presented annually in recognition of lifetime contributions and achievement in the area of defense Test & Evaluation. The award is presented in the name of Walter W. Hollis who is recognized for his dedicated and long-standing service in the field of Defense Test & Evaluation.
The Tester of the Year awards are presented to outstanding individuals in the field of Test & Evaluation. These awards offer OSD and each Military Service Test & Evaluation Department the opportunity to select three award recipients for recognition as the Tester of the Year in specific categories. The three categories recognized are: Military, Civilian and Contractor.
Awards will be presented by The Honorable Dr. J. Michael Gilmore, Director, Operational Test and Evaluation, OSD.
Agenda for the event is as follows:
- 11:30 am - Registration and Lunch Buffet
- 12:15 pm - Presentation of Awards
- 1:00 pm - Adjourn
Award winners are:
- Mr. Edward R. Greer, Former DASD, DT&E, USD (AT&L) - Walter W. Hollis Award
- USA Major Ryan McEwan, USA - Military Tester of the Year Mr. Michael Tegtmeyer - Civilian Tester of the Year Mr. William Moonan - Contractor Tester of the Year
- USN Lieutenant Commander Gregory M. Harkins, USN - Military Tester of the Year Mr. John R. Aldis - Civilian Tester of the Year Mr. Thomas Grafton - Contractor of the Year
- USAF Master Sergeant Jason J. Taitano, USAF - Military Tester of the Year Mr. Wayne L. Jackson - Civilian Tester of the Year Mr. Alfred Y. McWright - Contactor Tester of the Year
- USMC Lieutenant Colonel Matthew G. Kelly, USMC - Military Tester of the Year Mr. John Quintanna - Civilian Tester of the Year Mr. Peter Wilson - Contractor Tester of the Year
- OSD Lieutenant Colonel John Schroeder, USAF - Military Tester of the Year Ms. Michele Sitler - Civilian Tester of the Year Mr. David P. Conrad - Contractor Tester of the Year
Registration for the Awards Luncheon, which is scheduled from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm, is now open. For more information and to register, visit http://www.ndia.org/meetings/393A.
About NDIA: The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) is America's leading Defense Industry association promoting national security. NDIA provides a legal and ethical forum for the exchange of information between Industry and Government on National Security issues. NDIA members foster the development of the most innovative and superior equipment, training and support for warfighters and first responders through our divisions, local chapters, affiliated associations and events.