Agile in Government Summit
Agile has moved beyond software development.
DevOps brought building, testing and releasing software into an agile construct, and now agile principles are finding their way into non-software areas such as business operations and hardware development.
The reason is that agile offers more efficient and effective ways of getting things done:
- Faster delivery of value
- Focus on outcome
- Better quality
- Alignment with business needs
The purpose of this event is to:
- Explore how DevOps can and is being used in Government
- Investigate principles of agile business and how they apply to Government
- Discuss amongst attendees what the hot topics are that they deal with in their organizations
- Present information on how agile methods are being applied outside of software
- Explore the changing technology of modern information-intensive businesses and the implications these have for evolving Government approaches to streamlining IT
- Share as a community experiences, challenges and success that help organizations integrate agile approaches in order to deliver better results - faster, better, cheaper!
The purpose of ADAPT is to foster better understanding of how government agencies can employ agile software development methods to provide incremental and modular acquisition of information systems.
This event builds on previous ADAPT sessions, and is looking at the practical considerations for adaptation of agile methods in Government organizations.
Relevant Government Agencies
Intelligence Agencies, DOD & Military, Federal Government