DHS Active Shooter Preparedness Workshop - St. George, UT
THIS IS NOT A TACTICAL TRAINING COURSE
Given today's ever-changing threat environment, preparing for and training employees to cope with active threats and workplace violence should be a key piece of an organization's emergency action plan.
A Unique Training Opportunity
The National Protection and Programs Directorate Office of Infrastructure Protection is hosting a one-day Security Workshop to enhance awareness of, and response to, an active shooter event:
- Educating participants on the history of active shooter events;
- Describing common behavior, conditions, and situations associated with active shooters; and
- Fostering communication between critical infrastructure owners and operators and local emergency response teams. This course includes discussions of interoperability, communications protocols, and best practices for planning, preparedness, and response.
Building Emergency Planning Capabilities
The event will also describe how to incorporate key elements of successful incident management into planning efforts including:
- Communication and Incident Planning for employees;
- Emergency Action Plan Development;
- Recognizing Behavioral Indicators; and
- Coordinating with First Responders.
Who should Participate?
This event is open to:
- Corporate and facility security professionals from the private and public sectors;
- Supervisory first responders
- Human Resource managers
- Community Response officials: and
- Homeland security representitives.
Registration (Begins at 7:30 A.M.)
8:30 A.M. Opening Remarks and Welcome
9:00 A.M Module 1
10:00 A.M. Module 2
11:00 A.M. Module 3
12:00 P.M. Lunch (On Own)
1:00 P.M. Module 4
2:00 P.M. Module 5
2:15 P.M. Break
3:00 P.M. Module 6
3:45 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. Closing Remarks
- A Federal, state, local government-issued ID (e.g., state issued drivers license) will be required for entry
- For more information on the Active Shooter Preparedness Workshops, email: ASWorkshop@hq.dhs.gov
- For more Active Shooter Preparedness information visit: http://WWW.dhs.gov/active-shooter-preparedness
- At your request, Mr. Ralph Ley, your local DHS Protective Security Advisor (PSA), can provide additional information regarding DHS products and services that may be available to your organization. Mr. Ralph Ley may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration for this event is free. Click here to register, or cut and paste this link into your browser;
- Registration closes April 02, 2017 at 12:00 P.M. EST;
- Limited seating is available; 2 slots per organization. Additional attendees will be approved on a case by case basis;
- Note: If your plans change, please alert us, so we can accomodate others on the waiting list.
For more information on the workshop, email: ASworkshop@hq.dhs.gov.
Limited seating is available; If your plans change, please let us know so we can accommodate others on the waiting list.
REGISTRATION CLOSES at noon, April 02, 2017.
Expected Number of Attendees150
Relevant Government Agencies
DOD & Military, Dept of Homeland Security, Dept of the Interior, Dept of Labor, Dept of State, Dept of Transportation, Dept of Treasury, USPS, Other Federal Agencies, Legislative Agencies (GAO, GPO, LOC, etc.), State Government, County Government, City Government, Municipal Government, FEMA, Office of Personnel Management, National Institutes of Health
This event has no exhibitor/sponsor opportunities
Tue, Apr 4, 2017, 8:30am - 4:00pm
Complimentary: $ 0.00
Dixie Regional Medical Center (DRMCs) Select Hea
1424 East Foremaster Drive
St. George, UT 84790
Department of Homeland Security