Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being incorporated into the function of government in numerous ways. The AI.gov website includes more than 700 AI use cases across federal agencies.
Among the many projects, AI is being used to:
- Develop new antibiotics
- Monitor and predict solar storms
- Declassify documents
- Simplify records consolidation
These pilot projects provide a peek into the power of AI to improve the speed and effectiveness of decision-making and service to citizens. However, for AI to have a government-wide impact, the success and challenges of these solid projects need to be shared.
Similarly, the government needs venues to discuss and share policies to guide the safe and ethical use of AI. The Executive Order on Safe, Secure, and Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence and the AI Bill of Rights are executive-level guidelines that are shaping agency policies and procedures around AI. Cross-agency collaboration is critical for the development of regulations and policies.
In 2023, there were nearly 500 AI-focused events listed on GovEvents.com. Of those events, more than two-thirds took place in the last six months of the year, showing the growing need for and interest in AI content. To help members avoid information overwhelm, we vetted the events with AI content and pulled together a list of what we feel will provide the trustworthy and informative content agencies are looking for as they plan and implement AI strategies.
This list highlights the top events happening in the first half of 2024 in terms of speaker quality, content, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Federal AI Summit 2024 (February 29, 2024; Reston, VA) - Each agency's AI journey and solution will be unique. With such a vast array of challenges and options, how can agencies get started? Top Federal leaders discuss the steps they've taken to implement the AI-guidance strategies and where they're heading in 2024.
- NVIDIA GTC (March 18-21, 2024; San Jose, CA and online) - Connect with a dream team of industry luminaries, developers, researchers, and business strategists helping shape what's next in AI and accelerated computing.
- 5th Annual Artificial Intelligence Summit (March 21, 2024; Falls Church, VA) - This event brings together Federal leaders and industry experts to explore the transformative power of artificial intelligence. Discover cutting-edge AI advancements, engage in dynamic discussions, and forge strategic collaborations with key partners at this annual gathering of the movers and shakers in the field of AI.
- Spring Symposium: How AI is Transforming the IC (April 4, 2024; Arlington, VA) - The Intelligence and National Security Alliance brings together intelligence and national security professionals to discuss Cutting-edge AI innovations transforming intelligence analysis, top priorities, and concerns from government stakeholders, developments in ethics and oversight, challenges, and opportunities facing the public and private sector, and more.
- AI Government Summit: Taking the Lead in a New Era (May 2, 2024; Reston, VA) - Thought leaders from government and industry share how AI frameworks are being implemented at Federal agencies.